Online diploma courses in project management teach you how to manage projects in a structured way. You learn principles behind effective planning and administration of complex projects.
An online certificate, diploma or advanced diploma in project management can be helpful at different stages of your career. Accredited courses are of most benefit when you:
- want to demonstrate you are ready to manage people and projects
- have started managing projects and want to upgrade your skills or
- are an experienced manager who could benefit from a refresher course.
Online study is popular among project managers because it minimises time away from work and family. With online courses, you can literally study wherever and whenever it's convenient.
The best online Diploma of Project Management courses offer you a good learning experience at a reasonable price.
An accredited diploma program consists of 12 units, 8 of which are prescribed by the Australian Government.
- Compulsory units cover project scope, time, quality, cost and risk; as well as human resources, information and communication, and project integration.
- There's more than a dozen possible electives to choose from, though providers usually offer a smaller selection (to keep costs down).
With the course structure largely fixed, the difference between courses comes down to instructor quality, program flexibility, admin and student support, and fees.
The top project management diplomas in Australia have been chosen based on course features, student feedback and price.