A Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice degree opens up job opportunities across the criminal justice system.
The knowledge you gain plus the qualification could lead to careers in areas such as law enforcement, corrections, social work, crime research and public policy.
Online study is an effective and convenient way to earn the degree. You can choose from the best courses available in Australia and study at the times that suit you.
Study Criminology and Criminal Justice Online
You can study criminology and criminal justice 100% online with Australian universities. Online bachelor programs teach students:
- criminology (the study of crime) and
- criminal justice (law enforcement, courts and legal justice, and detention and supervision).
Graduates come away with a solid understanding of how crime arises, ways to prevent it, criminal law, and how to manage victims and offenders.
Studying online is the preferred way of learning for busy people (and anyone who doesn't want to waste time travelling to classes). Many online learners balance study with full-time or part-time work.
Criminal Justice Careers
Earning a bachelor degree in criminology and criminal justice creates career opportunities by demonstrating you have:
- University-level research, analysis and writing skills
- Knowledge of the nature of crime and how the criminal justice system works
- A genuine interest in improving society by reducing the incidence and cost of crime.
You're advantaged in going for jobs in:
- policing (federal and state agencies)
- correctional services
- community welfare services
- security and crime management by corporations
- legal services and courts.
Law enforcement is still the most popular and available form of employment for criminal justice graduates, and not just in state and local police agencies, but also for federal law enforcement and in the private sector. Here prospective students will find a variety of careers in management, analysis and investigation – from insurance fraud to retail loss prevention.